Information for Parents
The local authority are wishing to gather information on the current health and wellbeing of children in the Wakefield district during this difficult time. They would like us to promote a new survey so that as many children as possible will complete it and allow them to get an accurate view of their thoughts & feelings.
Health and wellbeing link:
At the Priory Centre we place a strong emphasis on our young people developing the awareness and skills to stay safe online.
Part of this also includes increased awareness and supervision of what young people are doing online by the responsible adults around them.
There are a number of resources online that can help with this, including:
- ‘Getting help…’ (CEOP) –
- ‘Think U Know Guide’ (CEOP) –
- ‘Digital Parenting’ (Vodafone) – http://www.vodafone.com/content/digital-parenting.html *NEW*
- ‘Advice and tips for staying safe online’ (CBBC Newsround) –
- ‘Protection from online bullying and harassment’ (BBC Webwise) –
- ‘Making the internet a safer place for children’ (NSPCC) –
- Coronovirus (NHS information) - https://www.southwestyorkshire.nhs.uk/corona-cyp-support-wakefield/
For further support you can contact the following organisations